Thursday, July 21, 2011

Six Months

It's been six whole months since I've blogged--well, a little more actually, but who's counting?  I'm not even sure why I'm blogging now.  I don't have anything important to say, I just wanted to get back to it I guess.  Anyhow, I guess this will just be a catch up post.  

In the last six months, I've gotten through Spring semester, which was a nightmare.  And next Tuesday I'll be finished with Summer Semester.  I've officially been a senior for a few months now, and that's pretty exciting.  Although I can tell you from personal experience Senior-itis certainly does exist, and I've got a full blown case of it.  I've got 2 papers to write and one final to take, and I'm officially done with the semester though.  After that, I get an almost-month-long break.  I really, really can't wait.  When time gets this close to finals, I get so drained that I almost can't function.  I definitely can't focus.  It seems kind of counterproductive to good studying and paper writing, don't you think?  

After said break, I'll head back to school for my final semester as an undergraduate.  I'm taking relatively easy classes, which is a huge relief.  I'll graduate in December, finally!  After graduation, I'll take some time to focus on my family.  Harper will be 4 1/2, and starting school the next Fall, so I want to get as much quality time with him as I can.  Also, we'll be moving somewhere new sometime between March and July of 2012, so I can't really start work or school again until then.  On that break, I plan to clean, cook, paint, go to Disney World with my family, and maybe get pregnant.  I'm ambitious, I know.  

Anyway, other than school stuff, we've just been doing family stuff.  Harper turned 4 this Summer.  We didn't do a big party or anything, but it was a lot of fun none-the-less.  I can't believe my little baby is 4 years old now!  I guess he's really not a baby anymore.  It does make me a little sad, but it's made absolutely ok by the fact that I can watch him grow into a great little man!  These days he's obsessed with superheroes, and he's been learning to write his name.  He doesn't have it down yet, but he's getting there.  

Well, I suppose that's about all the "news" I have for now.  Oh, I do have a little more news.  I've decided to try an all-vegan diet for the next three weeks.  I've been flirting with it for a few days, but today was officially day one of no animal products.  I had a breakfast bar for breakfast, and two veggie burger patties for lunch.  I made a spinach and mushroom saute for dinner and had that over pasta with some glazed carrots on the side.  Oh, also, I managed to make some vegan-brownies.  SCORE!  So far, that's been the highlight of my exhausting day.  Ok, that's actually all my news.  Happy blogging!  

P.S. I have one favor/plea for anyone who actually reads this: if anyone knows of any good vegan sites and/or recipes, let me know.  I'm on the look-out for some new stuff.  Thanks all! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beautiful! I am glad you are back on. I come and check on you often and there has been nothin! Well, until now :) I am so happy for you that school is coming to an end... for now. I hope you enjoy every moment of down time:)

    ReplyDelete