Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Hour

Who's up for margaritas?  Anyone?  No.  Ok.

The truth is, I've never actually had a margarita.  I know, right?  I have absolutely no reason for not having had a margarita.  I mean, I don't drink that much anyway, but still, to have never had one is admittedly a bit weird.

But that's not the point.

The point of todays post is to tell you all that I'm done with school for the semester!  (That's why I want that margarita now!  I deserve it.)  I'm finished with all of my finals.  I'm still waiting for some of my instructors to post grades, but I'm almost positive that I passed everything.

Since I'm officially done with school, I now feel that I can tell you all about my Biology lab instructor.  I shall call her Ms. Bitch, because it suits her.  Believe me.  I know, I know, I sound terribly mean, but let me explain.  I don't even know where to start, because if I started at the beginning it would take forever.  So, I'll just give you the highlights, like at the end of a football game.

Incident 1: Over the semester I had a health scare, and I had quite a few doctors appointments.  It was a stressful time for me, and I ended up missing her class twice.  It's not what I normally do, but once I had a doctors appointment, and another time I was finishing up another appointment and was just too stressed to go straight to class.  I didn't want to give her details because 1) it's my business and 2) she didn't care, so I just said to her that I didn't have a note, but I was absent due to a medical issue.  It is unexcused and I accept that.  Well, Ms. Bitch thought it appropriate to say that "There comes a point when you have to prioritize your life," meaning because my ass wasn't in school I'm immature and don't have my priorities straight.  Well, news flash Ms. Bitch, if I'm dying, I don't give a damn about Biology Lab.  Thanks.  I should say though, that I was polite to her, I said "Thanks," and walked back to my seat, finished class, and left.

Ok, so, there were other small things to happen here and there, like the time she sent out an email saying that she "wouldn't entertain any more questions about the final," not format, not content, not anything.  However the icing on the Bitch cake was during said final.  Dun dun dun,

Incident 2 (ok, it was actually more like incident 5, but who's counting): Our class filed in to take the final, I was the 3rd one in the door.  She said something and pointed to the wall, but I didn't hear her, so I said, "Where do you want us to put our bags?"  Her response was this: She pointed to one wall, and said "Put your backpacks up against the wall like everyone else."  I have a few problems with this statement: first, she was pointing to the wrong wall, and second, most people were standing still, not moving toward a wall with the intention of setting down bags.  So....huh?  


Incident 2 continues though, because as we were all getting seated I asked her if she curves the final.  She ignored me.  I promise you, I said it loud.  As a matter of fact, several classmates heard me and looked back and forth between us in anticipation of an answer.  Yeah.  So I called her by her name and asked again, louder this time.  In turn, she ignored me...again.  Yeah.  Needless to say, I was frustrated.

You want to know the icing on the cake?  Not 2 minutes after this incident, she thought there was a question in the back row, so she stopped her little speech about the "rules of the final", looked up, and innocently asked, "Oh was there a question...in the back?"

No f*ing joke.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with Ms. Bitch again.

P.S.  My review of her was not good.  Oh, and graduate students should be heavily monitored when allowed the control of teaching a class.  For real.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Well thank God this is all over for you. Just remember, some people are just so unhappy with their lives that they are just mean. It seeps into every aspect of their life then they wonder why they are so unhappy. It is a vicious circle but don't ever take it too personally. It seems Ms. Bitch is quite fitting.

    ReplyDelete