Saturday, December 11, 2010

Catch up and Happy Christmas!

Hey guys!  Well, thought I've posted a few times since semester ended for me (on Thursday) I feel like I haven't caught you all up.  So, here's what's been going on with us.


Harper: Potty training is a slow, painful process.  Also, he seems to be enjoying spending time with Mommy sans school.  That makes me happy. 


Heath: Heath finally got to do his training for work!  For the life of me I don't know what the darn thing is called, I just know it's the one he's been trying to get since we moved to Louisiana (2 years ago).  Anyway, it's a 12 day trip, and he'll be back on Friday.  Harper and I miss him and are excited to see him.  This trip has sort of been a preview for us, if you will.  You see, he wants to get assigned to a boat next, and he's trying his darn-dest to make that happen, which would mean he'd be gone for up to 6 months at a time.  This short 12 day trip gives us an idea of what life would be like.  And, though I wish he were here, it's really not that bad.  


Danielle: As you can probably tell from my abundance of recent posts, I'm done with school!  I love love love the feeling of being done with a semester, especially when I pass all my classes.  My plans for break include blogging, reading, painting perhaps, and most definitely cleaning my house.  I don't even know where to start, but it's far too cluttered, and it's driving me crazy.  


~~~

For Christmas we're going to Virginia to visit Heath's family.  It's going to be so nice to see them.  It's literally been years since we've been up there!  So I guess it's about time.  We're making it a road trip too, stopping to visit my friend Brittany and our friends Matt and Lindy (sort of) along the way.  We're also going to visit Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson!  I can't tell you how excited I am about that part.  Heath loves politics and history, and I've got to admit I've got a small interest in those, as well as a bit of an obsession interest in Thomas Jefferson's life, so it'll be wonderful to see his home.  

In addition to Christmas travel we're seriously considering going to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for Mardi Gras break, just for a long weekend.  Honestly, it gets so crowded here during that time, and we'd love to get out of town for a bit, not to mention it's right around my birthday in February.  Happy Birthday to me!!  I'm so getting a wand!  We also have definite plans to visit Yellowstone at the end of May.  It'll probably still be a little chilly up in Wyoming, but it was either May or the end of Summer semester, so either way cold.  

This is a lot of travel for us, and it definitely means we'll have to save some money, but I think it'll be worth it.  Harper's old enough now to enjoy these things, and Heath and I are ready for some fun stuff!  He works hard and I'm really burned out form school.  Still, I can't shake the feeling that this is a tad lot irresponsible.  It would be better to save money and put off vacations until I'm working.  

Oh well, I'll get over it.  

I've finished most of the Christmas stuff here at the house.  The tree is up, stockings are hung, gifts are bought and about halfway wrapped.  The only things I still need to do are finish getting stocking stuffers, wrap Harper's stuff, and go to the post office (yikes).  

Finally, last but not lease, and on a completely unrelated note (seriously, could I have any more intros to this paragraph): I worked out today.  Harper and I got up and went to the YMCA this morning where I did 50 crunches on that sit up machine thing (ow!), and I RAN.  I never run.  Like, I haven't run since I was in Junior High.  I mean, I've worked out in some fashion since then, but running just hasn't happened.  I can tell you this much, it hurt like you wouldn't believe, and I'll be doing it again.  Because, though it did hurt, it felt wonderful.  

I got inspired to run by reading Sarah Palin's book America By Heart.  In it she mentions that she runs to keep fit.  She says she likes it because you don't have to be particularly skilled (that's me) or athletic (definitely me), you just...go.  And she's right.  Haha, I know this isn't even a big deal for most of you, but for this fat girl it so is.  So I'm taking my Palin inspiration and...running with it.  Haha!  Running, get it?  

Well anyhow, that's what's up with us.  How are your holidays going?  

Oh, by the way gals, I'm loving your Christmas posts.  Your trees, traditions, and nativity scenes are wonderful.  Keep em' coming!  And Happy Christmas!  

Our nativity.  

L to R: Heath's, mine, and Harpers.  I honestly love that they don't match.  

Our (fake) tree.  I realize now that I cut of the star, oops.  

Yes, I know this picture is sideways.  Harper really wanted to decorate cookies because he saw it on Caillou.  

My sweet boy in front of the tree.  Golly I love him.
Merry Christmas everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Danielle, you are absolutely amazing! Though your trips may seem irresponsible, you have to remember, you only live once. You need to enjoy it when the occasions arrive. Don't sweat it! Have a blast! I am super jealous about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Jade got to go the weekend it opened and had a blast. I think once we have a baby and things settle down, we will take the girls for a long weekend. Just gotta have this baby first. LOL!

    So I wanted to comment on you running. I am telling you, running gives one such a great feeling! I am very overweight and despite how I think people are judging how hard it is for me, I feel like I am floating when I am done with it. In fact its a bit like a drug to me. So enjoy it! I am so super proud of you for starting up. I personally have not run since September due to laziness and business, lol! But congrats on running! I wish you were here so we could go to Peterson and run together. They have a wonderful outdoors track. Maybe your enthusiasm will help me get back out there. :)

    Your xmas tree is great! You did a wonderful job decorating it. Harper looks so grown up since we last saw each other. I am sure he is ready, so ready, for Christmas day!

    I miss you so much and do love you! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh forgot one thing. It may be hard without the hubby but trust me on this, if you keep positive, you will have a smooth ride. When you get the chance to talk to him, remember to be nice and not drown him with home problems unless absolutely necessary. This allows them to focus on their job and not worry about you. I have learned this the hard way and I am telling you it really pays off!

    Don't forget to enjoy the time you spend apart so when you reunite it is like your honeymoon all over ;)

    ReplyDelete