Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Book signing.

I'm not political.  Or at least, I wasn't political until recently.  I still can't commit to saying I'm into politics, but I have taken more of an interest recently.  I suppose Heath was bound to rub off on me at some point.

You might be wondering why I'm talking about politics right now.  Well, I'll tell you.  It's because the book signing I went to on Monday was Sarah Palin's.  I don't know how all of you feel about her, but as it's my blog, I'll tell you how I feel.  Haha.  If you don't like her, please don't get offended.  Each person is entitled to their own opinion of her.  You absolutely don't have to like mine.  You want to know?

Well, I love her.  I recently read her new book, America by Heart.  She seems like such a down to earth, regular person.  I admire that.  I also admire her for her family and her Christian values.  Her family is not perfect, no one's is, but she's supportive of them as they are supportive of her.  They're in things together, and I really like that.  It seems like more and more political figures don't care about their families, what with all the mistresses out there and all...  I think it's really sad.  It's sad for the spouses of these politicians, and it's sad for the country.  How much integrity can a man (or woman) have if he (or she) is willing to betray their vows to his (or her) spouse?  If said politician can so easily break vows to his (or her) spouse, what's to stop him (or her) from breaking commitments to the random strangers that are his (or her) constituents?  It would have been so much simpler to just use "his" without including the "(or hers)" part.  


Anyway, back to Sarah, she was so nice, and though I don't have time to give you all the details of our meeting right now, lets just say that she was worth waiting.  And it's nice to see a politician who values the constitution and the founders as much as she does.  We need more like Sarah!  :)

That's all I've got time for right now.  This is totally open for debate, so if you've got an opposing view, I'd love to hear what you think (seriously!).

Also, seeing as this post is rather lame as is, I will probably amend it later, with quotes from the book and a picture or two.  For right now though, I've got to go!

1 comment:

  1. I am still so extremely jealous that you got to meet Sarah!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete