Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving! "That's a lot of information to get in 30 seconds!"

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Check out this FRIENDS video for a hilarious Thanksgiving moment. It's my favorite part of FRIENDS, ever.
I realize I'm a little late posting about Thanksgiving, being that the day is almost over, but better late than never, yes?

So, today we're taking it easy. I cooked a kick-ass dinner. Now Heath's watching the Saints game, and I'm blogging/procrastinating on homework.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words (and I'm lazy), here's our Thanksgiving.


Oh, on the back of that plate, that's my tofurkey. It was awesome. In the next picture, Harper liked it all (minus the tofurkey).  The boys ate a regular turkey, which was also pretty good, from what I understand. I promise you Harper ate as much Turkey as Heath did, and he probably ate more cranberry sauce.



And, since it's Thanksgiving, I'll tell you what I'm thankful for. (In no particular order.)
1. I'm thankful that Heath has next week off so I can focus on studying for finals before he goes out of town for finals week.

2. I'm thankful for Sarah Palin's book signing at our local Barnes & Noble on Monday! And I'm thankful that Heath's willing to wait in line at the butt-crack of dawn for our wristband so we can actually get our books signed. Yeah, Mama doesn't wake up at 5 AM.

3. I'm thankful for my family. I have a healthy, happy, mostly well behaved toddler. I have a husband that I can definitely call my best friend. I realize that not everyone gets that, and I'm really proud of us for working at it.

4. I'm thankful for my other family. My parents, brothers, and sisters are truly irreplaceable. I love them so much. Though, I do wish we lived closer.

5. I'm thankful for the...Coast Guard. Ok, I said it. Though they drive me crazy sometimes, I am thankful for them. Because Heath's in the CG we've had steady income and insurance when so many others have lost these basic things. Because Heath's in the CG I've been able to focus only on school without having to get a job. Because Heath's in the CG we're able to move often, allowing us to experience many different places so we can find "home."

6. I'm thankful for my friends. I have friends all over this country, and I love them all dearly. It's no secret that I don't make friends easily, so I treasure the ones I do have. If a person makes it into my "circle of trust" (thanks, Meet the Parents), it's damn hard for that person to find their way out. I quite like that system; it has served me well.

7. I'm thankful for all the other things I'm forgetting to mention! I know I've forgotten tons, and if I really sat down and wrote out everything I'm thankful for, it would take forever. Let's just say that I have a wonderfully blessed life, and I love all the people in it.

Lastly, mostly, I'm so very thankful that God has given me such great people in my life, and such great opportunities like this: to finish school and one day become a teacher and adopt kids. Hopefully I can live up to his plans for me.

Until next time,
HAPPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that episode of Friends, one of my favorites! Looks like a delicious Thanksgiving meal. What a great list of things you are Thankful for, thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete