Sunday, October 10, 2010

My blog's name

Today I was thinking about my blog's name, and how much I really love it.  I don't know about yall, but when I was starting my blog I racked my brain for a cute, clever, catchy name for my blog.  I had nothing.  I mean, I'm not that clever anyway, but when I tried to think of a good name, my mind went blank.  Completely and totally blank.  


Well, I ended up with something along the lines of "Thoughts about school, kids, moving, and everything in between."  Is it any surprise that it's kind of long-winded?  I liked it but it was just too long.  I knew that.  Still, I used it because it's the best I could do.  


Well, sort of recently my friend Brittany (check out her blog!) made a button for me.  In it she shortened my wordy title to "Thoughts about everything in between."  I fell in love with it immediately.  I changed my blog's official title that very day.  Since then I've been thinking a little bit about that blog title, and how perfect it really is.  


This is a blog about exactly what it says, "everything in between", because that's what I think is the most important. Hear me out, for most of us, during our lives we hit most of the "big" milestones.  We graduate from high school, we get married, we have kids, one day we graduate from college, we start our careers, maybe we have more kids, we retire, maybe have grandkids, and one day we die.  Well, all those things are kind of a big deal.  They're the big things that happen in our lives.  I'm not saying they're not important, but I'm saying that they're only part of who we are.  And really, since so many of us go down this road, it really doesn't say much about who we are as individuals.  


In my blog, you better believe I'll be blogging about those big things when they happen, but mostly it's about the little things.  It's about family fun days, eating dinner together, the day to day of school or work, the sweet things our kids say and do on a daily basis.  It's these things that separate our families from all the other families out there. It's the little things that affect who we are and how we behave.  It's these in between things that are so special.  


So, that's why I love the name of this blog, because it's what my life is about.  It's about the things that happen in between the big stuff.  It's kind of like the icing in the middle of a cake.  Yes, the cake is the big deal, the cake is what you're looking forward to, but still, everyone savors the icing, right?  Well, I do.  

4 comments:

  1. I love it! It's so true... it's not always about the big things, because they only come around every so often. The little "things in between", though, happen every day. That's what we're all made up of. Thanks for the follow! I look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And you're right...I love the icing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog's name, it's perfect!! I had a hard time to, I kept blanking out or hating everthing I did come up with. Finally I had my husband help me and after we came up with a long list I picked my favorite and I'm very happy with it.

    By the way, I've awarded you some blog awards! Come check it out! : )
    http://chalkboardstostrollers.blogspot.com/2010/10/more-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete