Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Hey guys!  I just made a post right before this, but I wanted to post my "Happy Halloween!" post on Halloween night.  So, here you go.  


To celebrate Halloween, we went to Boo at the Zoo on Saturday night.  
 We didn't stay the whole time, but we had a blast.  They had a ghost train, a haunted house, a toddler area, a trick-or-treat line (which we skipped), a dinosaur "exhibit", and a whole bunch of other stuff.  As soon as we got in, we rushed to the ghost train line because we heard that it gets really long really fast.  It's a good thing we did, because the line was at least an hour long within the first few minutes!  In addition, we're glad to have gone in the daylight because it was less scary for Harper (and me).  Right after the ghost train, we hopped in the still short haunted house line.  They had a "non-scary" side, which we utilized.  Again, I'm very grateful for that, because I do not like scary things.  I know, I know, I'm a wimp.  Harper enjoyed all of it though.  He kept saying "Happy Halloween!" and giving high fives to everyone in the haunted house.  


After that, we went to the toddler area, where we played some of the games and got non-candy "treats."  That's code for whistles.  Yeah, that's what we need zoo, three year olds with whistles.  Like they aren't loud enough on their own.  

Last, we went to see the dinosaurs.  After that, we took a few pictures with some Star Wars guys, and went home.  



Yes we skipped the trick-or-treat line, and any candy Harper did get was traded for a 'special surprise.'  This is an idea I got from a fellow blogger.  She mentioned that she had her kids trade their candy for a present.  I loved that idea, and it totally works.  If you read my previous post, you saw that I'm having some health issues.  Those issues made me realize we need to make some serious changes in our lifestyle.  Part of that change is cutting out junk.  Candy is junk.  In moderation, it's usually fine, but at this point in my life, even a little is unacceptable.  I know that if I have it in the house, I'll eat it.  I'm admitting right now that I have very little self control when it comes to sweets.  So, we opted to forego the sweets all together, and replace it with a surprise.  


All in all, it was a great holiday weekend.  I got some work done, and we had some family fun.  


I hope all of yall had a great holiday as well!  

1 comment:

  1. Great costumes, Harper is so cute! Sounds like you had a wonderful Halloween. I love the idea of trading candy for a present, I'm might have to use that next year!

    ReplyDelete