Saturday, September 4, 2010

HGTV.

One thing I've really, really always loved is looking at the layouts of different houses and the way they're decorated.  I've always thought that during the holidays, everyone should open their doors to their neighbors, so we can walk through and see how everything is "set up", especially in those really fancy, nicer neighborhoods--I'm talking to you downtown Charleston!  Those houses were amazing!  I realize it'll never happen because it's totally unrealistic.  I mean, if a parade of strangers lined up at my door and expected to see my gloriously messy apartment, I'd bolt the door.

So, the closest I'm gonna get to seeing the insides of people's houses is HGTV.  It works, I suppose.  I get to travel all around the country world while I sit in my PJs working on Psych homework.  It's not my first choice.

Side note.  My first choice would be taking a job as Samantha Brown's assistant.  She's got the best job in the world.  Seriously.  She's the one who travels around, staying at various vacation spots around the world.  She goes everywhere on vacation and hits up all the fun tourist stuff and the of-the-tourist-grid stuff as well.

It does make me a bit jealous though.  I really, really, really want to buy a house.  I can't wait to buy a house!  I especially love the episodes of House Hunters where they go to the Pacific Northwest, because it just seems lovely.  The only way we're going to get there, though, is if the Coast Guard says so.  Don't get me wrong, I like this CG lifestyle, I just wish I could guarantee that we'll get to go to the PNW soon.  Can you miss a place you've never been?  Well, I think I do.  I'd love to get stationed in Seattle or Portland.  I really want to visit Mt. Hood (Oregon).  It's got everything.  Just check out this site to see the national forest there.

I've taken to repeating this phrase: I've only got two more years here.  I've only got two more years here.  I think I can.  I think I can.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment