Monday, September 6, 2010

Happiness update!

Hey guys!  A few weeks ago, I blogged about how I wasn't totally happy with everything in my life and I needed to make some radical personal changes.  Well, I wanted to give yall an update!


First off, I have started working out.  It's nothing major, but at least I can say I've started.  That said, I haven't been near as dedicated as I should be.  But it's all about baby steps.  So, I think it's time to up my workout level.  Tomorrow I have quite a long day at school, but maybe I can go to the gym between classes...?  It's definitely a possibility anyway.  If nothing else, I can work out on Wednesday.  Yes, that seems far more manageable.  In addition to gym trips, the weather is starting to get nicer, that means walks with the family in the evening!  I'm so thankful to be nearing the end of this awful Louisiana summer heat.  Yay for Fall!  It's my favorite season


The next happiness update I've got is this, I've started painting again!  I was able to start and complete a painting this weekend.  The piece itself is nothing special, it's just a random pattern of colors that I love.  The wonderful part for me though is this, I actually finished a painting!  It's been 4 years since I've been able to say that!  Whew!  When it dries, I'm hanging it in the bathroom.  The bathroom needs something on the wall.  



Last but certainly not least, Heath and I have started planning next year's Yellowstone trip!  In my previous blog post, I mentioned that I wanted to travel in the U.S., well, this will be the start of it.  I mean, over Christmas we're going to Virginia to visit Heath's family, so I guess that's technically the start, but this is our first family vacation, you know?  It's different.  Plus, neither of us have ever been to Yellowstone.  It'll be a new adventure.  :)  


So, there's my happiness update.  Things aren't perfect, I still have a sink-full of dishes, a mountain of homework, and a million other things that need my attention, but...I'm good.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment