Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gimme the good stuff.

Hey guys! Well, as you know, I felt the need to talk about some pretty negative things over the weekend.  It's stuff that was weighing on me, and I just needed to get it out.  Buuuuuut, since I was able to vent about it, I've found that I have more room in my mind for better, more positive things.  So, in order to balance my blog I'm posting my list of "Yay me!" things, in true London Tipton fashion.  Yeah, maybe I watch too much Disney channel.  


The "Yay Me!" List
1.  Not only am I not failing anything  in school(which I'm also kind of proud of.  You see, last semester I failed my bio lab.), I'm actually doing pretty good so far.  I'm talking honor roll here folks!  Yay me!  


2.  Well, this isn't so much a "Yay me!" as it is a take-that-sucker!  About a week ago Heath was driving my van and he wrecked it.  So now my van has a black eye.  It's really quite sad.  See?  
Since then I've been more....easily annoyed.  I mean, my van is still broken.  It's supposed to be fixed tomorrow, but tomorrow can't come soon enough.  


Well, a few days ago Heath went paint balling for a morale event at work.  He's been itching to do this, and he had a lot of fun.  He can't wait to go again.  So...my "haha!" moment comes in here:
Fortunately it doesn't seem to be bothering him, but (how rotten of me) I'm a little glad he got bruised anyway.  If it actually hurt him I'd probably feel guilty though.  


3.  The next "Yay Me!":  We got our Halloween costumes this weekend.  I ended up deciding on Mother Nature, Heath's a Hotdog, and Harper got Batman, Buzz LightYear, and Woody.  We're so excited about Halloween.  It's going to be a great night.  We're going to Boo at the Zoo, then coming home to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas and eat tons and tons of candy.  





4. My last "Yay Me!" is this.  I got to use my Fall cookbook this weekend.  I bought it at the used book store earlier this year.  I've been waiting to use it and I finally did.  I guess I could have used it before, but it just didn't seem right.  It felt like I was cheating on Fall.  Anyway, I made from-scratch-brownies.  They were my first from-scratch-brownies, I just so happened to have all the ingredients on hand (which is always awesome), and they were delicious.  

Though it was kind of an uneventful weekend, it was still pretty good.  Oh, the best part was I didn't do any homework all weekend!  I probably could should have studied, but I didn't.  It's rare that I have a weekend without homework, and I enjoyed it very much.  


For now, I'm going to watch the new TLC show, Sister Wives, pack up my backpack, then head to bed.  


Night night guys.  Happy Monday tomorrow.  

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you!!! Way to go on your grade, bio sucks! Never one of my favorites. Harper is so cute in his costumes! Sounds like you have a great night planned, so fun. Those brownies look incredible! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete