Wednesday, September 22, 2010

30 Day Journal. Day 25.

Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Day 2 - Your Favorite Movie
Day 3 - Your Favorite Television Program
Day 4 - Your Favorite Book
Day 5 - Your Favorite Quote
Day 6 - 20 of my favorite things
Day 7 - A photo that makes you happy
Day 8 - A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9 - A photo you took
Day 10 - A photo taken over 10 years ago of you
Day 11 - A photo of you recently
Day 12 - Something you are OCD about
Day 13 - A fictional book
Day 14 - A non-fictional book
Day 15 - your dream house
Day 16 - A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - An art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)
Day 18 - My wedding/future wedding/past wedding
Day 19 - A talent of yours
Day 20 - A hobby of yours
Day 21 - A recipe
Day 22 - A website
Day 23 - A YouTube video
Day 24 - Where I live
Day 25 - Your day, in great detail
Day 26 - Your week, in great detail
Day 27 - My worst habit
Day 28 - Whats in my handbag/purse
Day 29 - Hopes,Dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 - A dream for the future

Ok, My day in great detail....

My day started around 5 AM.  

Last night, Harper was whiney and wanted to sleep in our room.  We keep a baby bed mattress in there for when he wants to watch a movie.  So we laid the mattress on the floor, and he slept there.  

I should have mentioned that a "cough" is going around the daycare.  

So of course, last night Harper began having coughing fits.  I'm sort of grateful that he was in our room so we knew about it.  But, I'm ashamed to say this, I hate that I lost sleep because of that damned cough.  Let's face it, I'm no angel anyway, but me with no sleep is not pretty.  

So, we were up through out the night listening to Harper cough.  Fortunately he slept through most of it.  Honestly, Heath slept through most of it too.  Curse having Mommy ears that hear everything.  Around 5 AM Heath's alarm went off, so he got up to get ready.  Since Harper was in our room, he woke up too and moved to our bed to lay with me.  Side note: 3 year olds take up way more space in a bed than you'd ever think possible.  Seriously.  So we readjusted multiple times, I created a pillow barrier to keep toddler feet away, and we were able to sleep rest until 8 AM.  

The alarm went off at 8.  I snoozed twice.  Of course.  We got dressed and rushed out the door.  I dropped Harper off and went straight to bio to take my first bio test of the semester (a test that really didn't go so well I'm afraid).  Afterwards, I grabbed an egg salad sandwich and a cran-grape juice, and found a seat in the hall outside my next class, bio lab.  Today we worked with potatoes.  After lab I went to the psyc clinic where I worked organizing a supply room for the rest of the day.  At 5:05 (I was late) I picked up Harper, who was wet and poopy through his diaper.  Side note, this is not the first time that has happened.  I'm very annoyed at this point, and something has to got change or we're finding a different daycare. Soon.  

We got home, and I gave Harper an immediate bath.  We watched Pingu, Heath made burned spaghetti noodles.  We ate dinner.  Harper put his toys away.  And now we're here, Harper's in my room watching a movie.  I wrote this post while watching Criminal Minds.  Now I'm about to get something sweet and get a bath.  

Detailed enough?  


  1. I am with you on the mommy ears! Drives me nuts! My husband can sleep through anything meanwhile I wake up if Avery makes the tiniest little noise and then I have such a hard time falling back asleep! So frustrating!!

  2. Oh I know. I miss the days when I could sleep through just about anything! Oh to be a teenager again!!!