Sunday, September 12, 2010

30 Day Journal. Day 20.

Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Day 2 - Your Favorite Movie
Day 3 - Your Favorite Television Program
Day 4 - Your Favorite Book
Day 5 - Your Favorite Quote
Day 6 - 20 of my favorite things
Day 7 - A photo that makes you happy
Day 8 - A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9 - A photo you took
Day 10 - A photo taken over 10 years ago of you
Day 11 - A photo of you recently
Day 12 - Something you are OCD about
Day 13 - A fictional book
Day 14 - A non-fictional book
Day 15 - your dream house
Day 16 - A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - An art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)
Day 18 - My wedding/future wedding/past wedding
Day 19 - A talent of yours
Day 20 - A hobby of yours
Day 21 - A recipe
Day 22 - A website
Day 23 - A YouTube video
Day 24 - Where I live
Day 25 - Your day, in great detail
Day 26 - Your week, in great detail
Day 27 - My worst habit
Day 28 - Whats in my handbag/purse
Day 29 - Hopes,Dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 - A dream for the future

When I have the time, my favorite way to kick back is to read.  I love a good book.  Some of my favorites are:
The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
Eat. Pray. Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon
Princess Bride by William Goldman

I just finished Charlie St. Cloud (by Ben Sherwood), which was also pretty good.  It was predictable, yet very sweet.  It definitely was not a difficult read; it was simple, but well written.  Bottom line, I'd recommend it, and I'd read it again.  

I'm currently reading Persuasion by Jane Austen.  I'm not far enough into it to have an opinion yet though.  :)  


A few other hobbies of mine (again, when I have the time) are painting and cooking.  I especially enjoy cooking if someone else does the clean up!  :)  

All this talk about hobbies has me thinking though, about how little time we actually have for our hobbies.  Between school, homework, cooking meals, and cleaning the house I don't really have time to focus on any one thing.  I go to school, but I always feel like I'm just barely treading water.  I'm not getting everything because often, while I'm sitting in class, I'm thinking about a hundred other things that also need my attention.  I can do my homework, but never as thoroughly as I'd like.  If I want to get it all done, I have to do the minimum for every class.  I don't have the time to study for everything like I'd like.  

I definitely cook meals, but I don't have time to be creative in the kitchen like I'd like.  More unfortunately, sometimes I don't have the time or energy to cook the healthy meals I'd like to for my family.  I scrape by, occasionally getting all the fruit and vegetable servings we need and avoiding all the fats we don't need in a day, but it doesn't happen as often as it should.  And, as far as house cleaning goes, my apartment is livable, but there are so many ways that I could organize and clean that I just don't have the time for.  It's very frustrating, because in my head I've got all these ideas about what the house could look like and how efficiently organized it could be, but at the end of the day I just don't have the energy to do it.  

Well, I think that's enough of my boo-hoo crying about this for now.  I need to stop procrastinating and start working on homework again.  :)  See you later guys.  

Oh, do any of you have any fast, easy, & good recipes to try?  

No comments:

Post a Comment