Sunday, September 5, 2010

30 Day Journal. Day 15

Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Day 2 - Your Favorite Movie
Day 3 - Your Favorite Television Program
Day 4 - Your Favorite Book
Day 5 - Your Favorite Quote
Day 6 - 20 of my favorite things
Day 7 - A photo that makes you happy
Day 8 - A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9 - A photo you took
Day 10 - A photo taken over 10 years ago of you
Day 11 - A photo of you recently
Day 12 - Something you are OCD about
Day 13 - A fictional book
Day 14 - A non-fictional book
Day 15 - your dream house
Day 16 - A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - An art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)
Day 18 - My wedding/future wedding/past wedding
Day 19 - A talent of yours
Day 20 - A hobby of yours
Day 21 - A recipe
Day 22 - A website
Day 23 - A YouTube video
Day 24 - Where I live
Day 25 - Your day, in great detail
Day 26 - Your week, in great detail
Day 27 - My worst habit
Day 28 - Whats in my handbag/purse
Day 29 - Hopes,Dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 - A dream for the future

Yay!  I'm half way done with the 30 Day Journal and I've actually stuck with it!  I've got to be honest, I'm shocked.  Well, today I'm to tell you all about my dream house.  I did have some very grand plans to draw it out and scan it so you could see my dream layout and all, but realistically, I just don't have the time.  So, in lieu of giving you the picture, I'll just describe the best features.  :)  I've got quite a few ideas, because I've given this way too much thought, but I'll share my favorites with you.  

My dream house must have curb appeal, which is kind of ironic because with the amount of land I want, you probably won't even see it from the curb.  I'd like to own a few acres at least (somewhere between 5-10 would be ideal) of wooded area.  I want the woods around my house to look like a mix between The Secret Garden and Narnia--manicured but random and earthy.  I do not want to see or hear my neighbors or the road from my house if at all possible.  I don't want a fenced yard, I want fenced property.  That's right, I want a fence to go around all (possibly) 10 acres of this sucker.  I'd love to have a fountain on my property, but not your typical naked lady holding a pot kind of fountain.  I'd like something unique, like maybe a fountain made from an old wine barrel or a tub or something.  I also will have a lamp-post somewhere on my property.  Like I said, I want it to have a Narnia feel.  :)  

Next, the outside of the house needs to look nice.  I don't necessarily need any particular look, but I think I'll know it when I see it.  I like cottage style houses--picture the fairies and Aurora's house from Sleeping Beauty.  I like older, plantation style houses.  I like more modern houses.  Really, there's quite a variety.  My main focus is the property itself though. If I find the perfect property with a crap-tastic house, I'm buying it.  I can renovate later.  A few things my forever home will have though: a decent front porch and a big back porch.  I just need room for a few chairs out front and room for a hot tub, table, and chairs in the back.  Also, it must have tons of windows.  I want light in every single room of my house.  Heck, I want windows in closets.  I think it's really important to have natural light in my home.  It makes me happier.  That said, I will have blackout shades in my bedroom.  If I choose to sleep in until noon, the sun will not interfere.  :)  

Ok, last but certainly not least is the inside of the house itself.  I want at least 3 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms.  I'd also like to have a separate office and a separate laundry room/pantry.  I want a big open living room, dining room, and kitchen.  I also want a sun room.  I love growing fresh herbs and I'd love a sunroom off the kitchen to do that.  I'd like a 2 story house best I think, but if a 1 story house got the job done that would be just fine.  Oh, I also want a lot of storage space.  The layout isn't too important, as long as it's open.  Though the outside doesn't have to be traditional or modern, if I could have my choice, I'd choose a mixture for the inside finishes of my dream home.  I like chandeliers and beautiful old mirrors, but I want a more modern kitchen. Though I think I said this before, I want huge windows.  

Well, that's about it.  Maybe one day I'll get around to drawing a picture of my dream home, but for now, this is it.  

Oh, this is the most important part.  My dream home is in the Pacific North West.  I'm sure of it.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds wonderful!!!! I love love love plantation houses. I guess that's part of the reason I lvoe Charleston so much! And I'm thinking.... you should move to Forks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Charleston too! It's so pretty. I've never seen a better downtown anywhere. :) And I love that you can be in the city and see dolphins! :)

    Haha, I'm thinking that Forks is a little tourist-y for me, but maybe something near Forks. Port Angeles is a CG possibility and I would LOVE that. I'd really love to try the Portland area too though. Really, as long as we get Oregon/Washington, I've got no complaints. :)

    ReplyDelete