Monday, August 23, 2010

Coming soon, a whole new me!

So, I've decided that I'm going to make some big personal changes in my life.  I decided this because I've got to admit, I'm not 100% happy with the way things are going for me right now.  I'm in a rut.  I'm tired of school, having no money, and living in an un-ideal town (not to mention apartment).

So lets bottom line this baby: I've got to endure school.  No questions asked, I just have to keep going and trying my hardest.  Another thing I can't really change immediately is our money situation.  I budget already.  I plan to tighten wasteful spending more, but no major changes there either.  So, since there's nothing I can do about those things except keep trucking along, I'm going to overhaul basically everything else.

1. My weight.  I'm not at all happy with my body.  I seriously used to be cute, and now I'm so not.  I'm not just being one of those girls who nitpicks anything about my body when I look just fine.  I'm fat.  Bottom line.  Well, I'm changing it now.  I did some Yoga tonight (I know, it's not the most intense of workouts, but I LOVE Yoga, and I'm going to continue).  In addition to the Yoga, I'm going to go to the gym.  I always excuse make about how I don't have time, but I'm doing it.  I've got a list of the classes they offer at the YMCA, and I'm GOING to step out of my comfort zone a bit (with classes called Zumba and Rumba...seriously, I might need a drink before I go because I am NERVOUS) and pursue this.  I'm stepping out of my work-out comfort zone in the hopes of one day stepping into a comfortable body and self-esteem.

2. Since I cannot exactly change where I live until the Coast Guard tells me so, I've decided to create my own sampler platter, if you will, of possible homes.  Heath and I talked tonight (albeit, Heath was on drugs when we talked, so I'm not sure how much he remembers or exactly how on board he is with this, lol) about making a wish list of vacation destinations.  The rules are, the destinations have to be in the continental US, and they cannot be somewhere we've already been.  They can be damn close, but not exactly where we lived.  To start with, we each get to pick 3 places (6 seemed like a manageable number) we really, really want to go.  While we're picking specifically vacation destinations, I plan on evaluating them for settling possibility in the future.

I don't have a whole list yet, but I know my number 1.  Can you guess?  Can you?  Well, I'll give you some hints.  It's on the West Coast.  It's pretty rainy there.  And oh yes, you might just find yourself a Cullen while you're there!  That's right folks, I'm going to Forks!!!  I'm not sure when, probably next year sometime honestly.  Still though, I'm really excited.

3. This doesn't fit into an exact category or anything, but the last thing I'm doing, with this whole radical change thing is this: I'm going to seriously pursue all the things I always say I want to pursue.  First, I'm going to start doing Yoga.  I figure I accomplish the whole two birds, one stone thing here, because I get to check off Yoga from my "Things I really want to do but don't have the time" list AND it counts as working out.  Score.

The second thing I want to pursue is kayaking.  I realize it's going to be expensive to get a kayak, but I figure, I'll be buying the thing at some point anyway, and I have a seriously HUGE lake right down the street from my house right now, so why not just do it now?  Makes sense right?  I think so.

The other 2 things I want to do are hike/camp and bike.  We already have camping supplies.  That was Heath's birthday present to himself this year.  We only need bikes now.  We had them before but Heath's got stolen and mine wasn't that great of a bike.  It was cute as all crap, but it wasn't comfortable.  It was this beautiful pink vintage looking bike.  The thing is...the rose colored glasses came off the first time I tried to ride the sucker.  Super uncomfortable.  Really.  So, needless to say, those bikes are long gone, and they desperately need replacing.  With the cooler weather coming soon, I'm really going to try to dive right in to all this healthy outdoor stuff.

So, here goes my quest.  My quest for a healthier, happier, ....(I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am) more outdoorsy me.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! You sound very motivated and that's great! When you are discouraged or feeling lazy and you don't want to do anything, read this post! You can do it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so you know, you are beautiful!!!!! :)

    And ps- I'm going to Forks with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys!

    And Brittany, I meant to FB you, you're absolutely 100%, totally invited. Actually I'd be a bit sad if you didn't come! Lol. Who else is going to visit all the Twilight stuff with me!?

    ReplyDelete