Tuesday, August 24, 2010

30 Day Journal. Day 4.

Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Day 2 - Your Favorite Movie
Day 3 - Your Favorite Television Program
Day 4 - Your Favorite Book
Day 5 - Your Favorite Quote
Day 6 - 20 of my favorite things
Day 7 - A photo that makes you happy
Day 8 - A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9 - A photo you took
Day 10 - A photo taken over 10 years ago of you
Day 11 - A photo of you recently
Day 12 - Something you are OCD about
Day 13 - A fictional book
Day 14 - A non-fictional book
Day 15 - your dream house
Day 16 - A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - An art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)
Day 18 - My wedding/future wedding/past wedding
Day 19 - A talent of yours
Day 20 - A hobby of yours
Day 21 - A recipe
Day 22 - A website
Day 23 - A YouTube video
Day 24 - Where I live
Day 25 - Your day, in great detail
Day 26 - Your week, in great detail
Day 27 - My worst habit
Day 28 - Whats in my handbag/purse
Day 29 - Hopes,Dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 - A dream for the 

Today's going to have to be short and sweet, because it's 6:30 and I still need to make dinner, clean up the house, and do homework.  Tonight's going to be a coffee night, that's for sure.  :)  

To be perfectly honest, I do not have a favorite book.  At least, I don't have only one favorite book.  I have so many favorite books that I have my very own favorite-books-shelf.  Because I've got to keep this post minimal, I'll just name a few.  [These are in no particular order!]


pride and prejudice.jpgP
I absolutely adore Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy's relationship.  I read this book every year around Christmas.  [I love the Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy version of the movie.  Of course, the book is better than allllll the movies, but still.]


na8ayth4o-20.jpg
I wish I lived in Naria!  I love the story.  I especially like towards the end, when Edmund has grown up.  I have a little bit of a crush on the grown up Edmund.  I love that God is a lion.  I love that the horses and other animals can talk.  And I want to keep the little girl, Lucy.  She's a great character with such a sweet, courageous heart.  


harry+potter+books.jpg
I loved all the books.  I also have a not so small crush on Ron.  I think he and Hermione are perfect together.  I love all the Weasleys, and of course, Harry Potter.  I also especially like Snape and McGonagall.  :)  I wish I was a wizard.  


thetwilightsaga.jpg
Twilight, for me, is kind of a big deal.  I'm not one of those super annoying, go on the first night of a new film, scream your ear off every time Jacob takes off his shirt kind of fans.  However, if you want to talk Twi, I can do that for hours.  :)  I'm a big fan, especially of the final book.  I'm very excited to see the last movie(s).  


read_eat-pray-love.jpg
I am simply in love with this book.  I've just finished reading it, and I think I'm going to let it change my life.  Her journey was such an inspiration.  I don't want to talk to much about the book, because I'm afraid I'll ruin it by giving too much away.  The only bad thing I have to say about this book, and it really is quite small and trivial, is there was about a page of some President Bush hating.  It wasn't vulgar or anything, but I felt it was a bit unnecessary.  If that were taken out of the book, I could easily say that this book, hands down, is my very most favorite.  Still though, it's worth reading.  :)  


If you haven't read any of these books, I really think you should try at least some of them.  They're all wonderful stories.  Now it's your turn though.  What's your favorite book?  :)  See you tomorrow.  

3 comments:

  1. Two things:
    1. This really wasn't so short and sweet as I intended. But isn't that always the case.

    and...

    2. Is it any wonder, given this blog's background that I'd have trouble making this, of all posts, short?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha of course I am coming to Forks!!!!! And I agree, we need some Brittany/Danielle time!!! :)

    I love all your choices, except I've never read the Harry Potter books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, You should read Harry Potter. They're good stories. They take some time, being that there are quite a few books, but it's definitely worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete