Sunday, August 22, 2010

30 Day Journal Day 2


Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Day 2 - Your Favorite Movie
Day 3 - Your Favorite Television Program
Day 4 - Your Favorite Book
Day 5 - Your Favorite Quote
Day 6 - 20 of my favorite things
Day 7 - A photo that makes you happy
Day 8 - A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9 - A photo you took
Day 10 - A photo taken over 10 years ago of you
Day 11 - A photo of you recently
Day 12 - Something you are OCD about
Day 13 - A fictional book
Day 14 - A non-fictional book
Day 15 - your dream house
Day 16 - A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - An art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)
Day 18 - My wedding/future wedding/past wedding
Day 19 - A talent of yours
Day 20 - A hobby of yours
Day 21 - A recipe
Day 22 - A website
Day 23 - A YouTube video
Day 24 - Where I live
Day 25 - Your day, in great detail
Day 26 - Your week, in great detail
Day 27 - My worst habit
Day 28 - Whats in my handbag/purse
Day 29 - Hopes,Dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 - A dream for the 

Today's topic is "my favorite movie."  That's a hard one too though!  Because, I've got so many favorite movies!  Again, I'll narrow it down to some of my all time favorites.  
ref=dp_image_0.jpg
Little Women is absolutely one of my favorites.  It has been since I was a little girl.  I probably still have the whole thing memorized word for word.  When my sisters and I were young, we would always play Little Women; we always fought over who could be Amy.  Now, if I could choose, I would probably still fight to be Amy.  She gets Laurie in the end!  And, if you've seen the movie, you know that Laurie is played by the beautiful Christian Bale.  :)  Who wouldn't want to wake up to that everyone morning?  Once, in a high school speech class, I had to do a speech from memory that was at least 3 minutes long or so.  Well, I took my easy way out and just recited part of the movie.  :)  I think I got an A.

For those of you who haven't seen/heard about this film and/or the classic novel by the same name, it's a great one.  Basically, it's about 4 sisters and their mother during the civil war.  Their father/husband is away at war, and the story is about them (mainly Jo) trying to find themselves and where they belong.  It's a very sweet story.  

david-bowie-138.jpg
Another one of my most favorite movies is The Labyrinth.  Perhaps it's a little silly, but it's always made me laugh.  I love Ludo!  And of course, David Bowie...in tights....need I say more?  "You remind me of the babe."  

For all yall that haven't seen this movie, it's a great one.  LIke I said, it mostly makes me laugh.  It's quite silly, and basically a kids movie.  It's about a girl who wishes her little brother away while babysitting, only to find out that he actually has been wished away by the goblin king.  So, she begins a quest through a senseless labyrinth to get to the center, the caste in the Goblin City, to retrieve her baby brother.  
7BridesHeader.jpg
Lastly, and maybe my most favorite, is 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.  I absolutely adore this movie, seriously.  If any of you haven't seen it, I'm telling you right now, you're missing out.  

The gist is, there are 7 brothers.  They're settlers, frontiersman, and they all live together in their now deceased parents house in the mountains.  One day, the oldest brother, Adam, goes into town to get some supplies.  Well, while he's there, he gets himself a wife, Millie.  Well, he comes home with Millie, and the flabbergasted brothers get quickly schooled in how to behave.  Millie convinces the boys that showers are a good thing, and manners are necessary.  The next time they go to town, for a barn raising (yes, a barn raising) they meet the ladies.  Of course, the boys are smitten.  Once they get home, Adam convinces them that the best thing to do is to go and take the women.  So....they take em.  The literally steal the women they want away in the middle of the night, then they cause an avalanche in the pass that connects them to town, causing the women to literally be stuck there.  Well, Millie's not taking it.  She kicks Adam and the rest of the boys out of the house, and....

Oh crap, I just realized I'm giving away most of the story.  Well, if you haven't seen it and you're interested, you should check it out.  Because it's a great, great movie!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment