Monday, July 5, 2010

Quickie.... nevermind. Random, and a little complicated.

Yep, this is going to be another short post. Honestly I haven't been able to think about much except school. But there is some excellent news: I'm half way through the semester!!! I'm so excited. My semester project for Research Psych is moving along pretty nicely. Psych is going well in general. Bio is a whole different story; it's most definitely a challenge. There's so much material to cover in a VERY limited amount of time. Honestly I'm not doing well at all right now. However, I'm hoping to be able to devote more time to studying the book material and the online material.

Other than school, I've been sick. Haha, when it rains it pours, huh? Harper got pink eye and a cold while my parents were visiting us from Colorado, which sucked but kind of had a silver lining. Because my parents were in town, we had someone to help us out with watching Harper, plus Heath already had some leave time scheduled. However, after my family left and Harper got better I got worse. It wasn't anything too serious, but it was enough to make me miss classes. Well, that all happened in the last 2 weeks. And now, well, this weekend was Heath's birthday, for which we went to lunch, dinner, AND a movie.

The next night (we're now up to last night, I know, a whirlwind recap, but it is what it is :) ) we went to see ECLIPSE! Heath and I actually got to go on a date and it was awesome. I mean, I still had my cold and some kind of throat infection thing (from the cold) for which I have to take an antibiotic (ew!); Heath now has said cold and a cold sore (seriously, it ain't raining, it ain't even pouring, it's like a frickin hurricane, lol). But, all illness aside, it was nice to go out Harper free and actually spend some adult time. My AWESOME Aunt Shannon, her daughter Taylor, and my other cousin Mady came over to babysit. So, after the movie, I called to check in on Harper and he was good. Aunt Shannon encouraged us to go out to grab a bite for dinner as well (and I'm so glad she did), so we went to a place that we've passed at least a hundred times since we moved here, Sake Cafe. It was AMAZING! Lol, if I'm being totally honest, I might be biased because it was my first Harper free meal in a looooooong time, but seriously, it was still awesome. We're definitely going to be heading back for that Moon Roll (YUM!).

So, now I'm caught up. I'm currently sitting on the sofa (at 1:20 AM). I've gotten a good bit of homework accomplished today, and I'm organized and ready to go for tomorrow, when I'll pick up right where I left off tonight. I'll finish chapter 14 in Psy, and I'll start reading Bio. Both have to be finished and ready for Tuesday. (Thank GOD I have Monday off to work on all this stuff!!)

However, since I'm caught up for the moment, I wanted to share a few other thoughts on some things that have been going on in my life. I don't want to get into the whole thing, because it's a lot of background story and a LOT of drama, but long story short I've got some pretty strained family relationships, not in my immediate family (fortunately that's all good) but with my extended family. Recently, I've lost a relationship with my Grandmother. It's sad, it's frustrating, and it's hurtful. There are multiple sides to every story, I know that. And like I said, it's more complicated that what I'm grazing over right now, but my bottom line is this: though you can't choose your family, you CAN choose whether or not to have relationships with them. I've recently received a very hollow apology email from her, and I'm more upset than anything now. I mean, it's been a month since things happened between us. I left her house in tears because of her words, and it's taken her this long to "apologize." I'm fed up. Maybe it's wrong, but I just can't have her in my life. I know she's family, and I don't hate her, but I don't like her. It's bizarre though, it's like I'm split on this issue. I'm totally fine with keeping these bad people out of my and my family's life. They're like cancer, and I want to keep them as far away as possible. However, I'm TORN because I think "Oh my gracious, if someone else told me they were cutting people out of their lives like that, would I think they were terrible?" I don't think I would, but who knows. I mean, I think my reasons are legitimate, but would I hate me if I didn't know me? You know?

I don't know, maybe I just need to go to bed and not worry about all this stuff. Haha, if anyone out there in the world reads this and has any thoughts on this last bit I'd love to hear it. Am I doing the right thing or am I going to regret it later...like when my Grandmother is dying? Alright, with that I'm signing off of here and crawling into bed. A full day of school work awaits me tomorrow. Oh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment