Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bree Tanner

Last night, after finishing my required reading I picked up Stephenie Meyer's latest story, "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" intending to read the first chapter or so. I don't recall it being divided into chapters exactly...because once I started it I really couldn't put it down! I kept looking at the clock, which by that point was inching closer and closer to 4 AM, but there was so little book left that I just haaad to finish, you know?

So, while I'm between classes I figured I'd let y'all know what I thought. If you like Twilight, you'll be satisfied with Bree's story. The bit of a love story between Bree and Diego, while sweet, reminds me of "The Host", which isn't a bad thing, but it makes for a little bit of monotony. Don't get me wrong, I'm eternally grateful to Stephenie for giving us all Twilight and just about anything to do with it, I just felt like Bree's story wasn't enough, or maybe it was too similar to "The Host". I am glad we got to hear what Edward saw in Bree's thoughts though. It completes a small piece of the much larger puzzle. One thing that I found really interesting in Bree's story: Freaky Fred. I'm really hoping Freaky Fred makes a comeback, because that kid's got some potential. I like the idea that he's out there somewhere in the world, and it's possible we might see him again.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/breetanner.html

Anyway, time to head back out to class.

P.S. Dear Rain, you can let up anytime now. I think we'd all appreciate it. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Thanks for the review. I still need to read it.

    ReplyDelete