Friday, May 28, 2010

Delicious.


Though this isn't my blogging purpose, I've got to share this. My dinner tonight was amazing. I haven't done much in the way of cooking since shortly after we moved to Louisiana. I just haven't had much time. I'm in school full time, and that combined with just the regular everyday stuff of keeping the house clean, playing pirates, dragons, baseball, or trains, and getting dinner on the table in a timely manner has prevented me from being any sort of good cook. I used to cook all the time when we lived in California (my favorite spot to live so far), but food--believe it or not--was cheaper and I had more time to spend in the kitchen, not to mention a way more efficient kitchen.

Tonight, I had some good (albeit frozen) salmon thawing in the fridge so I figured, "What the heck, why not go all out? I've got the time, and the ingredients, not to mention a killer (thanks Brittany) dessert lined up afterward." So I did. I marinated the salmon with one of those packets (garlic, wine and herb flavored) from the store and a little bit of orange and lemon juice. I sauteed some onion, garlic, and green beans. I steamed some broccoli. Last I made some corn bread with what should be an illegal amount of honey, because, you know, honey makes anything better. While that was all finishing up, I made, from scratch some s'mores brownies. Seriously, they're better than camping. Oh, and to top it off, I made some homemade lemonade, which was also amazing.

You know how some nights it's like there are cooking angels in your kitchen with you, helping you keep everything from burning? Well, tonight I was my night to cook with angels. :) It all turned out perfect.


1 comment:

  1. Your dinner sounds awesome!!! I'm glad you liked the brownies!!!! I wish I had put that many marshmallows on mine! :)

    ReplyDelete